Monday, March 16, 2009

Sueno Telescope - What do you think?

Member Glenn Perry had an idea that we want to post and get some feedback on. The idea is this, every member pitches in $15-$20 so that we can purchase a telsescope to set up in the Palapa for stargazing. Glenn has some contacts that would provide a discount on a high-end telescope. Personally I can't think of any better place to stargaze than Sueno. What do you think? Post a comment by clicking below or email us at memberservices@dreambelize.com.

4 comments:

Cherie said...

Sound like a great idea to me. I am in.

Anonymous said...

We are in as well and would like to see the stars from the end of the dock. There are thousands more!
Tina and Eric

Anonymous said...

I'm not a member (yet!!), but plan to be sometime this year. I wholeheartedly agree! But, let's make sure it's secure, protected from the elements, and maintained (I'll volunteer when I'm there). But, could we work this in with the children of San Pedro so they can enjoy and learn from the heavens? I feel that's important.
Alan & Ann

Anonymous said...

I am willing to pitch in. For the long term, a small observatory on the property from on top of building 8 or 9 might be considered. A special room would also help to preserve special equipment. An observatory might also attract another group of like-minded individuals.
Robert Arias/6A-Feb/Mar