Monday, March 9, 2009

A Kind Heart Helps Out Isla Bonita Elementary School (I.B.E.S). As publiushed by Ambergris Today Newspaper, Feb 26th 2009.


You may remember Mrs. Aretha Mitchell when Ambergris Today visited her in the September/October 2008 issue. She was very pleased with Isla Bonita Elementary School, the teachers and the education her twin boys (Jesse and James) received at the I.B.E.S.

Previously, Mr. and Mrs. Mitchell had donated towards the purchase of drums. "When I see (and have personally observed) the high level standard of academic curriculum for each grade level, all parents can be assured beyond a doubt that their child(ren) are getting the best education," commented Aretha to Ambergris Today.

She (Aretha) believes that the degree of commitment and dedication of the I.B.E.S principal, vice- principal, school administrators, and teachers is by far exceptional. And with that being said, Aretha`s commitment and support to I.B.E.S is 100%.

"My family and I have pledged our on-going support and resources to the I.B.E.S. Every student enrolled at I.B.E.S will receive school supplies for the 2009-2010 school year."

School supplies will consist of one back pack filled with spiral notebooks, loose-leaf paper, pens, pencils, pencil sharpener, glue, white-out, crayons, and erasers.

In addition, a $1,000.00 donation was given for the school library, Aretha has developed and funded the first-time-ever school scholarships for a child(ren) to attend I.B.E.S. Mrs. Addy (principal), Mr. Hector Trejo (vice principal) and a special appointed board will be giving out more information on applying for the I.B.E.S scholarship.

"I would like to personally say, Thank you! to I.B.E.S school administrators and teachers on doing a magnificent job. Also in the works is obtaining a school bus for the children of Isla Bonita Elementary. Thank you too, Mrs. Aretha Mitchell.

Arlen, Aretha, Jesse & James Mitchell
Villa 7A
Jan/Feb
Sueno del Mar

No comments: